QSEN Research Award
ABOUT THE AWARD
The QSEN Research Award recognizes an emerging nurse researcher who has significantly contributed to the body of knowledge for quality and safety education for nurses through the continued and sustained exploration to increase understanding and implementation of quality and safety competency in professional nursing.
Nominees for the QSEN Research Award should be registered nurses who:
1. Advance the understanding of quality and safety education competencies of patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety and/or informatics through research efforts
2. Demonstrate excellence in leading research initiatives designed to improve quality and safety education and advance QSEN competencies in practice and/or academic settings
3. Provide direct impact on professional regulation (accreditation, certification or licensure) that create meaningful change in the initial or continuing development of nurses and other health professionals with respect to key competencies related to quality and safety education
4. Develop and mentor future researchers for the long-term work of quality and safety education and practice
5. Contribute to the advancement of quality and safety competencies and the QSEN Institute demonstrated by continued and sustained engagement in research that supports a greater understanding of quality and safety education initiatives.
6. Disseminate research findings that advance quality and safety competency for health care professionals through presentations at national venues.
7. Contribute to the advancement of quality and safety competencies through the authorship of research publications
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
Nominations for the Research Award must be received by April 28, 2022 by 11:59 PM. Submissions received after the nomination deadline will not be considered. Nominators and the winning Nominee will be notified via email by May 8, 2022.
Nomination letters should include examples of the Nominee’s qualifications per the criteria defined above. Excerpts from the statements will be read when the award is presented at the 2022 QSEN International Forum in Denver, Colorado.
Submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or to make a contribution to fund this award, please contact email@example.com.