Linda Cronenwett QSEN Leadership Award
Applications for 2022
ABOUT THE AWARD
This award is named in honor of Linda Cronenwett PhD, RN, FAAN, for her dedicated contributions to quality and safety education in the nursing community. Dr. Cronenwett was one of the founders of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative and served as the Principal Investigator on the Robert Wood Johnson grant that supported QSEN.
The Linda Cronenwett QSEN Leadership Award honors an emerging nurse leader in the field of quality and safety education who has significantly contributed to the education of nurses or student nurses through exemplary vision, influence, critical thinking, communication, and role modeling.
Nominees for the Linda Cronenwett QSEN Leadership Award should be registered nurses who:
1. Advance the development and nurturing of current and future health professionals incorporating attention to system-level competencies in patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and/or informatics
2. Demonstrate excellence in leading interprofessional initiatives designed to improve quality and safety education and advance QSEN competencies in practice and/or academic settings
3. Provide direct impact on professional regulation (accreditation, certification or licensure) that create meaningful change in the initial or continuing development of nurses and other health professionals with respect to key competencies related to quality and safety education
4. Develop and mentor future leaders for the long-term work of quality and safety education and practice
5. Contribute to the advancement of the quality and safety competencies and the QSEN Institute demonstrated by a continued engagement in the work and leadership of the QSEN Institute
6. Serve as an ambassador for the QSEN Institute, contributing to the development of implementation strategies, protocols, and/or group processes that advance quality and safety competency for health care professionals
7. Contribute to the advancement of quality and safety competencies through the authorship of research and/or theory-based publications
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
Nominations for the Linda Cronenwett Award must be received by April 28, 2022, by 11:59 PM. Submissions received after the nomination deadline will not be considered. Nominators and the winning Nominee will be notified via email by May 8, 2022.
Nomination letters should include examples of the Nominee’s qualifications per the criteria defined above. Excerpts from the statements will be read when the award is presented at the 2022 QSEN International Forum in Denver, Colorado.
Submit nominations to email@example.com.
For further information or to make a contribution to fund this award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.