Jane Barnsteiner & Joanne Disch QSEN Innovation Award
Applications for 2022
ABOUT THE AWARD
This award is named in honor of Jane Barnsteiner, PhD, RN, FAAN, and Joanne Disch PhD, RN, FAAN, for their dedicated contributions to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN). As two of the founders of the QSEN project, Dr. Barnsteiner, a nurse educator and practitioner, and Dr. Disch, a clinical leader continue to inspire the spirit of innovation for improving healthcare across academic and clinical institutions.
The Jane Barnsteiner and Joann Disch QSEN Innovation Award honors an academic or clinical leader who exemplifies innovation in promoting QSEN.
Nominees for the Jane Barnsteiner and Joann Disch QSEN Innovation Award should be registered nurses who:
1. Advance agenda of quality and safety through innovation in system-level competencies for patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety and/or informatics in academia settings. practice settings, or collaboratively between academia and practice
2. Demonstrate evidence of the impact of innovative initiatives designed to improve quality and safety across academic and practice settings
3. Integrate policy changes that promote the academic and practice partnerships aimed at integrating the QSEN competencies
4. Develop and mentor future innovators for the long-term work of quality and safety education and practice
5. Contribute to the advancement of innovation in quality and safety competencies and the QSEN Institute demonstrated by a continued engagement in the work and leadership of the QSEN Institute
6. Serve as an ambassador for the QSEN Institute, contributing to the development of implementation strategies, protocols, and/or group processes that advance quality and safety competency for health care professionals
7. Contribute to the advancement of quality and safety competencies through the authorship of research and/or theory-based publications
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
Nominations for the Innovation Award must be received by April 28, 2022, by 11:59 PM. Submissions received after the nomination deadline will not be considered. Nominators and the winning Nominee will be notified via email by May 8, 2022.
Nomination letters should include examples of the Nominee’s qualifications per the criteria defined above. Excerpts from the statements will be read when the award is presented at the 2022 QSEN International Forum in Denver, Colorado.
Submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or to make a contribution to fund this award, please contact email@example.com