Using evidence in practice
Evidence-Based Practice, Patient-Centered Care
- Write a PICO question
- Appraise evidence available using electronic resources
- Select evidence to address PICO question
- Categorize level of evidence
- Formulate a response to the assigned nursing problem
- A child is being discharged from the clinical after being seen for antibiotic associated diarrhea. The mother is upset because the HCP recommended probiotic rather than a “real medicine” How do you respond?
- You are working on a surgical unit and the nurses are trying to convince a physician group that early feeding might be a good idea for some patients. What will you say?
- You are providing discharge instructions for a patient and the doctor has prescribed a porcine-derived insulin product. The patient is concerned because he understood that human insulin is better. How do your respond?