I-SBAR reporting for the nursing student
Melani Stephens Stallkamp
Good Samaritan College of Nursing
Patient-Centered Care, Safety, Teamwork and Collaboration
Pre-Licensure ADN/Diploma, Pre-Licensure BSN
Classroom, Clinical Setting
Online or Web-based Modules
- Apply communication practices that minimize risks associated with handoffs among providers and across transitions in care.
- Communicate observations or concerns related to hazards and errors to patients, families and the health care team.
- Discuss potential and actual impact of national patient safety resources, initiatives and regulations.
- Identify patient values, preferences and expressed needs to other members of the health care team through I-SBAR reporting.
- Describe patient centered care as it relates to teamwork, collaboration and communication.