Critiquing Nursing Research Articles: Safety Research
Zane Robinson Wolf
PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Professor
Diane M. Breckenridge, PhD, RN
La Salle University
Evidence-Based Practice, Informatics, Safety
Pre-Licensure BSN, RN to BSN
- Critique selected nursing research studies. o Prior to taking the critique test, complete in-class critiques of three published nursing research studies using guidelines. o Complete a graded test, a critique of one published research study using guidelines.
- Apply qualitative or quantitative critique guidelines to research study addressing patient safety.
- Compare study to published research after consulting several databases, including Cochran, CINAHL, and Medline.
- Describe two strengths of the study.
- Describe two weaknesses of the study.
- Discuss application of study results to a clinical setting.